11.21.2008

My new Sunday ritual

After much anticipation, a new sports bar has planted its flag on the West Shore at the site of the former Dorado in Camp Hill. Arooga's15 opened on Wednesday to the delight of many who have been clamoring for a quality sports bar on the west side of the river, and the Arooga's team has thrown down the gauntlet. Let this be the GOLD STANDARD of midstate sports bars. At a business lunch today, the place was packed and I was very impressed by the layout and "feel" of the operation. Aroogas15 proudly boasts of more than 100 HDTVs placed throughout the bar and dining room areas. From my seat in the dining room, I could see no less than 31 flat screens WITHOUT MOVING MY HEAD. It's like Vizio vomited in the place, and it is awesome. I already reserved my table for March Madness.

The owner told me that you can see multiple TVs from any seat in the house and that they have 20 beers on tap, about half of which are imports and craft beers, as well as an Arooga's Amber Ale made by Sam Adams, and an Arooga's Lite made by Budweiser. I spotted Rogue Dead Guy Ale lined up in formation among the tap handles, which made me happy.

Known for their wings, Arooga's has an extensive menu. I, of course, opted for the 10-piece boneless wings ($7.49) over fries in Louisiana Garlic sauce. Patrons can choose their intensity levels of wing sauces, from mild/medium/hot/sudden death. I went with the hot, which was not bad, but I think I have to up the ante to sudden death next time ... which will be on Sunday ... for seven hours of NFL football.

No comments:

Post a Comment